Intellectual Property and Licensing for Nonprofits
The intellectual property of a nonprofit can be one of its most significant assets so securing it is critical. Common intellectual property issues include protecting names and logos, copyrights, patents, trademarks, publicity rights, social media, and more. Attorneys will provide an overview of major forms of intellectual property and licensing. They will offer practical tips for best practices and protections for your entity.
- Overview of major forms of intellectual property and licensing
- Understanding of your nonprofit’s rights and liabilities
- Practical tips for implementing rules, best practices, and protections for your entity
This workshop is also presented in partnership with the New York Lawyers for Public Interest Inc.
- Tue, November 28, 202310:00 AM11:30 AM
Cash Flow Planning
In times of uncertainty, it’s especially critical to understand how cash flows in and out of organizations. Unlike a budget – which summarizes revenue and expenses for a block of time – cash flow projections plot total cash received and spent month-by-month or week-by-week. In this session, you will learn how to create a cash flow projection, manage cash flow, avoid common missteps in cash flow planning, differentiate between cash and accrual accounting, and connect cash flow management to credit assessment.
- Learn frameworks and practical tools to help leaders navigate uncertainty.
- Strengthen financial management and planning capacity.
- Bolster overall financial health.
This workshop will be presented by the Nonprofit Finance Fund. To learn more about them, please click here
- Tue, December 12, 202310:00 AM11:00 AM
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances
Member Office Hours
During Member Office Hours, you will have the opportunity to stop in virtually and ask questions to professionals in the field of Advocacy. After the hour, our experts will follow up with you on any outstanding issues or questions you might have.
Building off our Let’s Talk About Advocacy Summit, this session will be focused on advocacy for nonprofit organizations. Our resident expert will be Larisa Wick, from The Wright Group NY
- Thu, December 14, 202311:00 AM12:00 PM