NPCC is proud to offer an extensive range of member programs and services.
For details, see the descriptions below. Contact Membership Manager, Taïna Sanon, at tsanon[@]npccny.org with any questions.
Office Supplies & HR Tools
Through Staples Advantage, NPCC offers its members a total program including:
- Office supplies
- Janitorial supplies
- Technology Products
- Office Furniture
- Promotional Products
With Staples Business Advantage, you'll get the right balance of customized pricing, local attention and the performance of a strong national network. By purchasing the supplies you need from one source, you'll save money and get more time back. With competitive pricing, ease of ordering, award winning customer service and free next day delivery, so you can make more happen. NPCC members may click here for enrollment information: www.npccny.org/members_only/staples.htm.
Save On Payroll, HR & Benefit services through Paychex. Paychex has scalable solutions from processing payroll and taxes all the way through developing employee handbooks as well as providing HR compliance support.
Paychex is also a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and can help you with all aspects of your payroll, HR & benefit services. These benefits are offered at a significant discount off their regular rates. If you are signing up as a new client, you must contact Luke Van Every at Paychex at 212-239-9400 extension 5142048 or 929-499-7440, or at lvanevery[@]paychex.com in order to receive the NPCC discount.
Effective volunteer and staff management has become a necessity in today’s nonprofit world! That is why NPCC and their members continue to place their trust in the official background screening partner of the National Council of Nonprofits, Coeus Global.
Choosing the right partner can be the difference between providing a safe and secure environment for those you serve, as well as for those who give selflessly to your organization, and allowing undesirable elements to tarnish your organizations valuable reputation within your community.
Their nationally recognized, exclusive, Volunteer Management System (VMS) will allow your organization, locally or nationally, to effectively conduct background screenings and track volunteer and staff applicants quickly and easily.
ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative technology with unmatched customer service, ReadyTalk provides a seamless collaboration experience for anyone, across any device, platform or location. Everything you need, anywhere you are, for before, during and after your online event.
At ReadyTalk, we are dedicated to providing the nonprofit community with reliable audio and web conferencing services and best-in-class webinar technology. And, with nonprofit pricing, we’re budget friendly:
- Audio conferencing for 3.9 cents per person, per minute
- Web conferencing for just 7 cents per person, per minute
- No setup fee
- Special Subscription Pricing
- Free technical support and training 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with. Audio conferences can hold up to 96 participants and a web interface allows you to access a log of who was on the call, so you’re always in the know.
For details on the plan or to sign up, visit http://meet.readytalk.com/NCN-states.
If you have any questions, contact our ReadyTalk representative Abigail A. H. Dice at 303-209-1577 or resource.rtsupport[@]readytalk.com or NPCC Membership Manager, Taïna Sanon at tsanon[@]npccny.org, or call at 212-502-4191 ext 239.
NPCC has partnered with UST since 2011 to help nonprofits keep more money within the nonprofit community. Founded in 1983, the Unemployment Services Trust (UST) offers 501(c)(3)s a safe, effective alternative to paying state unemployment taxes—as allowed by Federal law.
Providing nonprofits with workforce solutions that reduce costs and strengthen their missions, UST provides its members with exclusive access to:
- Unemployment claims administration services
- 100% representation at claims hearings
- Online dashboard and reporting
- Live HR hotline and employee training tools
- Outplacement services
With 100 of your NY peers already participating in the UST program, aren’t you curious to find out if you could save? If you’re a 501(c)(3) with 10 or more employees, submit your free unemployment cost analysis at www.ChooseUst.org/NPCC.
TriNet’s HR solutions can assist NPCC members with risk mitigation, ACA compliance support, a variety of top-tier ACA compliant benefit plans, payroll and tax administration, workers’ compensation, and HR guidance. TriNet’s services are delivered by an expert team of HR professionals and managed through a cloud-based technology platform that lets NPCC members’ employees efficiently conduct their HR transactions anytime and anywhere. TriNet is offering preferred pricing to our members. To learn more, visit http://partners.trinet.com/English/alliance-reg.aspx. Select NY then NPCC.
NPCC members are eligible to receive a variety of free and discounted services from RoundTable Technology including:
- Free technology assessment and a report of findings and recommendations
- Free website assessment and report
- Free access to RoundTable’s webinar training library
- 50% off the first month of any RoundTable Support, Extra Mile or Leadership plan
- Free Google Apps training from Googlers, at Google’s NYC office*
In addition to these free services, NPCC members are eligible for discounted pricing on a variety of antivirus, security, backup and cloud services from RoundTable’s experts. RoundTable provides nonprofit organizations with a wide range of technology services from expert support to strategic planning and fully managed IT services. To apply for this service, visit rtt.nyc/npcc.
For more information, contact Membership Manager, Taïna Sanon at tsanon[@]npccny.org, or call at 212-502-4191 ext 239.
*Organizations must be approved for Google Apps for Nonprofits and this offering is dependent on eligibility through Google.
Nothing set forth on this website constitutes a recommendation that any person take or refrain from taking any course of action within the meaning of U.S. Department of Labor Regulation §2510.3-21(B)(1).
Nationwide offers NPCC members a 401(k) plan and a 403(b) plan. Through Nationwide’s relationship with IRON Financial, a Centre of Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX) certified investment management firm, members also have access to an optional 3(38) Investment Fiduciary Service. IRON Financial will provide independent investment selection, monitoring and replacement of the core fund lineup. For more information, see our Retirement Program for NPCC 501(c)(3) Members.
These services are offered at a reduced cost to members. To learn more contact NPCC Membership Manager, Taïna Sanon at tsanon[@]npccny.org, or call at 212-502-4191 ext 239; or contact Mark Rubinstein, President/Investment Advisor Representative with Incline Pension Consulting, at mrubinstein[@]inclinepension.com or 646-415-9166.
Specifically built for NPCC members, the Empower Retirement program provides a custom retirement plan solution at a negotiated cost for your organization.
Empower Retirement uses their own modern recordkeeping system to provide both time saving solutions to the Plan Sponsor and a participant experience that focuses on retirement income and actionable information provided to employees so that they can prepare for a better retirement. Benefits of the program include:
- Reduced Fees
- Fiduciary Indemnification
- Time Saving Tools
- Participant Experience that Focuses on Retirement Income
- Dedicated Service Support for both Plan Sponsors and Participants
For more information please contact Mark Rubinstein at mrubinstein[@]inclinepension.com.
TransitChek Commuter Benefit Program can save both your organization and your employees' money. By allowing employees to set aside a portion of their pre-tax salary to pay for commuting costs, your company can save money by reducing the overall payroll taxes it owes. Go to www.npccny.org/info/transitchek.htm to read more or contact Alex Four-Rosenbaum at 646-839-1905 or Alex.FourRosenbaum[@]wageworks.com.
Finance & Legal
FMA offers NPCC members the chance to tap into FMA’s resources and expertise to improve financial functions and skills through Certified Nonprofit Accounting Professional (CNAP) courses. To read more, click here.
Jitasa is the largest national bookkeeping and accounting service provider dedicated solely to the nonprofit sector. Our name means “The Spirit of Serving Others,” and we are passionate about broadening nonprofit outreach. We offer bookkeeping and accounting solutions that cater to every nonprofit, regardless of size.
NPCC members receive one month of bookkeeping and accounting services for free and 10% off our 990 preparation services. To learn more visit www.jitasagroup.com.
Labor relations attorneys offer their services to NPCC members at a reduced cost, including
- guidance on questions about labor, employment law, and employee benefits
- review, preparation, or revision of an employee manual
- an on-site labor relations audit to determine if appropriate policies, procedures, records, documents and forms are in place and utilized
For more information, contact Membership Manager, Taïna Sanon at tsanon[@]npccny.org, or call at 212-502-4191 ext 239.
Directors' and Officers' Liability and Employment Practices Liability Insurance
NPCC offers members a low-cost comprehensive policy for Directors and Officers Liability Insurance. Coverage is afforded to the following:
- The Organization
- The Board of Directors and Officers of the Organization
- Committee members
- Volunteers at all locations
Coverage includes the following:
- Full employment practices liability
- Defense cost coverage for specifically listed IRS Code violations, including excessive compensation.
- Antitrust Act
- Personal Injury (Libel, Slander)
- Copyright/Trademark Infringement
Crystal & Co., Inc. is the program administrator. To read more about D&O coverage, read Directors and Officers Liability Insurance in NPCC's Information Databank on this subject. For more information, NPCC Membership Manager, Taïna Sanon at tsanon[@]npccny.org, or call at 646-893-2599.
Additional Protection for Your Organization with Cyber Liability Insurance
NPCC’s new cyber liability insurance program with Crystal & Company provides potential reimbursement for a variety of scenarios, including the costs to recover impaired systems and data caused by a covered cyber event, investigative expenses of a covered cyber event, cyber ransom demands, and expenditures related to alleged mishandling of personally identifiable or confidential information. Contact Brady Cohen at brady.cohen[@]crystalco.com.
- Bodily Injury: Insurance that protects the insured organization and its representatives against allegations of negligence that results in bodily injury. A GL policy might cover:
- Products Liability: injury and damage caused by a product manufactured by the nonprofit. GL policies generally provide a defense, regardless of whether the claim is true, and pay any judgment or settlement up to the policy limit. (In its purest form, GL covers the insured for claims resulting in injury.)
- Property Coverage: Insurance that provides coverage for office equipment and/or buildings. In many cases Property Coverage is more cost effective if packaged within a General Liability policy. Some types of coverage might be
- Water (water damage to another tenant’s property caused by an employee’s failure to shut off a faucet).
- Fine Arts and Collectibles
- Special Events Coverage: If your nonprofit sponsors a fundraiser or other events, you must ensure that each event or activity is covered by the insurance program.
- Additional Coverage to a GL Policy: Some examples of additional coverage that can be requested under a GL policy are: Professional Liability, Auto; Hired and Non-owned Auto, WC, Abuse and Molestation, Umbrella coverage (Umbrella provides additional limits after the underlying coverage has been exhausted).
- Exclusions: As in any type of insurance, there are exclusions to GL coverage. Not every exposure may be insurable. Some exclusions include: an act of war, nuclear explosion and electrical power surge damage. There are many variables to a GL policy and it is important that the insured read their policy carefully
- - A slip and fall on the nonprofits’ premises; these “slip and fall” types of policies generally exclude coverage for allegations of wrongdoing where physical injury cannot be proven (i.e. mismanagement, conflict of interest, or harassment).
- - Food poisoning from a meal (if you conduct any special events or fund raisers off premises)
- - Coverage against loss of a building owned by the insured.
- - Glass and Signs
- - Business personal property (contents: computers and other office equipment).
NPCC members who are not current subscribers to Crain’s New York Business are eligible to receive a yearly subscription for 29.95. Crain’s provides news, features and information about New York business, from corporate and nonprofit business people and companies to politics from the New York City to Albany. The subscription includes the following:
- A One-Year Crain's New York Business print subscription.
- A One-Year CrainsNewYork.com Online subscription.
- Crain's Annual Book of Lists - 2017 Edition.
- A One-year Crain's App for iPad Subscription - free.
The offer is valid for NPCC members. It is not available to current subscribers to Crain’s or to those organizations whose subscription has expired within the last three months. To take advantage of this offer, contact NPCC Membership Manager, Taïna Sanon at tsanon[@]npccny.org, or call at 212-502-4191 ext 239.
Subscribe to Stanford Social Innovation Review and receive a $10 discount! Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR) informs and inspires millions of social change leaders from around the world and from all sectors of society—nonprofits, business, and government. With webinars, conferences, magazines, online articles, podcasts, and more, SSIR bridges research, theory, and practice on a wide range of topics, including human rights, impact investing, and nonprofit business models. If you have questions, please contact info[@]ssir.org. Please click here for subscription information.
NPCC members are invited to join the more than 100,000 theatre lovers who get the best ticket deals from TDF and become a member for just $25 (regularly $35)! TDF members get special access to deeply discounted tickets available online and in advance for hundreds of Broadway, Off Broadway and off-Off Broadway theatre shows, dance performances and music concerts in NYC and beyond.
Benefits of TDF membership:
- All tickets cost only $9-$47 - even for top Broadway shows! Save up to 70% on hundreds of theatre, dance and music shows daily.
- Buy tickets in advance right from the comfort of your computer or mobile device.
- Give back. Your membership supports TDF’s many arts education and theatre accessibility programs.
New York Women in Film & Television