|Job Sectors:||Arts & Culture|
The Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies, LIMS, a nonprofit educational institution, is seeking an Executive Director. We seek someone who has vision and passion for taking a unique organization into the next phase, including online and interactive opportunities, social justice curriculum development, and managing global programs from a New York City center. If you are an experienced leader committed to innovative and effective strategies and are seeking an opportunity to make a difference for a committed action-oriented group of movement educators, therapists, researchers, coaches, etc., then consider the description below. labaninstitute.org
The Executive Director will oversee the overall functioning of the organization and represent the Institute both nationally and internationally. The office staff consists of 4 part time staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains compliance with LIMS ByLaws and proposes any changes necessary for the betterment of the organization.
- Represents LIMS at the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD) and is responsible for all document filings and data sets to remain a member in good standing. Attends yearly NASD meetings.
- Oversees and meets all reporting requirements to the US Department of Education and NY State Dept of Education.
- Oversees all LIMS marketing materials and web-based functions ensuring they are appropriate, accurate, and support the desired image of the Institute.
- Works in collaboration with Director of Education to foster grants and partnerships with other institutions of higher learning.
- Will present at yearly Board of Director meetings the proposed budget as well as the health of the organization.
- Work with the Board to nurture individual and corporate donors.
- Recruit and steward Board of Directors to financially support the functionality of the Institute.
- Works with the Executive Committee to determine staffing needs, oversee the work of employees hired within the NY/Brooklyn office, and conducts annual job reviews. NY/Brooklyn employees report to the Executive Director.
- Ability to be physically on site with staff as often as needed to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
- Masters Level Degree or higher
- Certified Movement Analyst preferred
- Energy, vision, positive attitude
- Budget management experience
- Adaptive leadership and good listening skills
- At least 5 years of experience in managing small to medium size organizations.
- Possesses excellent skills in communications, public speaking and writing; and is a strong motivational force within the staff, board, and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies.
- Creative aptitude
- Initiative and self-direction.
- Great attitude.
- Know the landscape of educational/not for profit institutions
- Professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers and industry professionals
Please send a Letter of application addressing the above requirements and CV to: [email protected] by April 15, 2019 for best consideration.
Salary range $30-$40,000 beginning July 1.
Laban Institute of Movement Studies
- 138 South Oxford Street, Suite 2D
- Brooklyn, NY 11217
- United States
- Phone: 212-643-8888
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org