|Job Sectors:||Human Services|
Reports to: Associate Director, Legal Services
Organization: Her Justice (www.herjustice.org)
Location: 100 Broadway, 10th floor, New York, NY 10005
Her Justice is a nonprofit organization that provides free legal services in to women living in poverty in New York City in family, divorce, and immigration matters. Founded in 1993, Her Justice recruits and mentors volunteer attorneys from the City’s top law firms to provide free legal help to address individual and systemic legal barriers. Visit our website for more information: www.herjustice.org.
We seek a highly-driven, organized, and detail-oriented professional to join our dynamic team of lawyers and legal staff. This is a newly-created position that provides an opportunity for a motivated individual to provide essential support and direction to the legal department’s growing menu of trainings, legal clinics, and pro bono programming. Fluency in Spanish or another second language is strongly preferred. Experience with large scale Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and pro bono programs is helpful but not required.
- Participate in the agency’s client intake and legal screening, and assess cases for pro bono placement
- Assess uncontested divorce cases for placement with pro bono attorneys (including intake review and in-person client interviews)
- Assist staff attorneys to prepare, produce, and offer training programs for volunteer attorneys on Uncontested Divorces, and other relevant legal topics
- Coordinate and systematize various legal department efforts, including training programs, legal clinics, and community outreach events
- Maintain client and volunteer database, track progress and outcome of assigned cases, and run statistical reports
- Assist Legal Director and Associate Director with grant reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- A demonstrated interest in social justice issues through coursework, volunteer or work history
- Experience with indigent clients, survivors of domestic violence and clients from diverse backgrounds and communities is preferred
- Experience working with pro bono attorneys is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Careful attention to detail and good judgment
- Flexibility, including the ability to multi-task
- Computer and technology savvy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems
- Spanish language or other second language fluency is strongly preferred
Salary range low $50s. Benefits include medical insurance, 401K plan and liberal vacation policy.
Application: Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please indicate “Project Coordinator Position” in subject line of email. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Her Justice is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- 100 Broadway, 10th Floor
- New York, New York 10005
- United States
- Phone: 2126953800
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org