Development and Communications Associate
|Job Category:||Communications, Development|
|Job Sectors:||Community Improvement, Education, Environmental|
Groundwork Hudson Valley is a 501c3 non-profit organization committed to “changing places and changing lives” in the lower Hudson Valley. Our mission is to create sustainable environmental change in urban neighborhoods through community based partnerships that promote equity, youth leadership, and economic opportunity. Program areas include revitalizing public places, sustainability education, and youth leadership development. Groundwork partners with neighborhood residents, private and non-profit partners, local businesses and government officials to identify environmental improvements that will advance equitable, healthy, vibrant communities and empower the next generation of community leaders.
The Development and Communications Associate will work in conjunction with the Director of Development to support a variety of work related to fundraising, event planning, communications and marketing to support the overall fundraising and communications goals of Groundwork Hudson Valley.
· Support the Director of Development and Executive Director in the timely development and implementation of effective fundraising and communication strategies and tactics;
· Oversee Grant Management system and processes by maintaining grant calendars for grant proposal and reporting due dates; manage reoccurring grant lists, maintain files;
· Write grants under $25,000, and work with program managers to inform mid-term and final grant reports;
· Identify new sources of corporate, individual and foundation funding through researching new and existing sources;
· Manage content for social media and website;
· Maintain and continue developing media publication and contact list;
· Maintain donor database, email lists and donor spreadsheets to ensure accuracy;
· Take photographs of programs and events to include in proposals, reports, and media outlets;
· Assist in planning, executing and promoting fundraising events;
· Assist in developing and implementing direct donor mailings, end of year appeal letter and other donor mailings, as needed;
· Draft articles and press releases about Groundwork events for publication, as needed;
· Ensure permitting and sponsorship agreements are fulfilled for Groundwork events;
· Acknowledge all gifts and donations;
· Build and maintain relationships with sponsors, donors, board members, and volunteers;
· Assist in coordinating solicitations;
· Assist in the creation and implementation of strategies of donor development which will help to provide a diverse and sustainable funding base.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, work well independently as well as accept supervision; share the values and vision of the organization; and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people from different backgrounds. Qualifications include:
· One to three years in fundraising, event planning, communications and or marketing;
· One to two years of grant writing and/or grant administration;
· Knowledge of the philanthropic environment and general understanding of fundraising;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Constant Contact;
· Experience with fundraising software preferred;
· Excellent project management skills (certification a plus) and follow through;
· Demonstrated organizational skills along with strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate clear, persuasive and concise thoughts;
· An ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
Salary range is $35,000 – $40,000 commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include employer payment of 80% of health insurance, Simple IRA retirement plan and standard paid-time off benefits. This position reports to the Director of Development and is an exempt, full-time position which may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
April 1, 2019.
As soon as possible.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by email to [email protected], with the subject header Development and Communications Associate.
Groundwork Hudson Valley is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Groundwork Hudson Valley
- 22 Main Street 2nd Floor
- Yonkers, NY 10701
- Phone: 914-375-2151
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org