The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to reduce the use of jail and prison, assist victims of crime, and strengthen communities. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research and provides consulting services to justice innovators.
The Fiscal Department is seeking a Budget Analyst. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance the Budget Analyst will manage a portfolio of government grants and contracts, including budget and forecast preparation and analysis, ensuring compliance with government contract regulations; invoice & expense review, reconciliation and financial reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage project grants, contracts, revenue, expenditures and compliance;
· Analyze project costs and variances to budget and forecast;
· Reconcile accounting system reports to financial Excel reports;
· Review monthly accounting close and submit adjusting journal entries as needed;
· Produce quarterly project forecasts to project revenue and expenses for both line-item reimbursement and performance-based grant contracts;
· Work with Project Directors to develop budgets and forecasts for revenue & operating expenses;
· Manage relationships & reporting to government agencies and other funders;
· Function as a liaison to the Center’s parent organization to ensure accurate programmatic and grant/project income & expense reporting & compliance;
· Work with the Development Department to prepare and review budgets for submission in response to requests for proposals;
· Review and approve invoices, staff allocations, and expense reports.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field and a minimum of 4-5 years of work experience with budgets and grants/contracts. MPA/MBA or professional license preferred. Strongly prefer experience in nonprofit and/or government accounting, including grant and contract accounting, compliance, and reporting. Extremely detail oriented; familiarity with basic accounting principles and financial/accounting systems. Advanced proficiency in Excel. Experience in prioritizing projects, meeting deadlines, and initiating follow through with meticulous attention to detail and high-level accuracy both individually and in a team setting. Solid analytical capabilities and strong writing skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain working relationships with staff, partner agencies, funders, and all other internal and external workforces at all levels with utmost professionalism.
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Salary range starts at $60K and is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Location: New York, NY
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. The Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities as well as individuals with prior contact with the criminal justice system.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Deadline to Apply: 5/9/19
Visit our website at www.courtinnovation.org.
The Center for Court Innovation is a project of the Fund for the City of New York.
Center for Court Innovation
- 520 8th Avenue, 18th Floor
- New York City, New York 10018
- United States
- Phone: 6463863100
To apply for this job please visit centerforcourtinnovation.applytojob.com.