Program Associate (BoardLead Round Manager)
Cause Strategy Partners, LLC
Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional skills in the following competencies:
- Program/Project Management
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Organization & Attention to Detail
- High proficiency in Google Suite
ABOUT CAUSE STRATEGY PARTNERS
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to help social good organizations achieve their missions fueled by great leadership, great strategy and, most importantly, great results. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation , part of a global community of more than 2,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities. In 2019, Cause Strategy Partners was named to the inaugural list of the Top 100 Impact Companies in North America, the RealLeaders 100.
Our programs and services are five-fold:
- Board Placement: We partner with professional services firms, corporations and foundations to place diverse, talented, trained and supported professionals on nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms and foundations to recruit, place, train and support professionals for high-impact board service.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent: We provide strategic consulting to CSR, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
- Board Governance: We help social good organizations optimize board performance through customized engagements designed to diagnose the root problem, develop an informed action plan & deliver solutions.
- Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board and chief executive leadership, board effectiveness, the nonprofit sector, social entrepreneurship, and other related topics. Our Principal and Founder, Rob Acton, has 25 years of experience founding, leading, scaling and consulting with social good organizations around the country and the globe.
- Board-CEO Coaching: We help nonprofit boards develop into fully engaged governing bodies working in powerful collaboration with the chief executive.
Check out www.causestrategypartners.com to learn more about our work.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners, LLC seeks a wildly talented, deeply passionate and incredibly fun mission-driven professional to join our team. The Program Associate will work closely with professionals from Fortune 500 companies, philanthropic foundations & nonprofit organizations to drive high-impact nonprofit board placement, training and support.
Our client-partners include LinkedIn, Barclays, PwC, Macquarie Group, BlackRock, Motorola Solutions, JPMorgan Chase, Capital One, Credit Suisse, Workday, Altamont Capital Partners, KPMG, The New York Community Trust, The Joyce Foundation, The Chicago Community Trust, and many other organizations dedicated to capturing the talents of business professionals to drive impact in the community. We have worked with more than 200 nonprofit organizations around the country to build strong governance for the social good sector.
The Program Associate will:
- Manage the BoardLead application process for all interested nonprofits and professionals including:
- Present the BoardLead opportunity to hundreds of nonprofit leaders
- Serve as the main point of contact for professionals from F500 companies as they complete the online BoardLead application
- Conduct consultation calls with select nonprofits to determine readiness and fit
- Drive the BoardLead matching process including:
- Prepare matching materials to facilitate effective dialogue, specializing in understanding the governance needs of nonprofit participants
- Match participating nonprofits and professionals
- Consult to nonprofits and professionals as they explore mutual fit including:
- Offer strategic advice at key points throughout the vetting, nomination, and election process for both nonprofit leadership and professionals
- Manage logistics of the training program for elected professionals
- Deliver essential information to nonprofits and professionals who move through the process via webinar, phone, and in-person presentations
- Guide the ongoing development of program tools and resources that support BoardLead data management and evaluation efforts
- Perform other duties necessary to effectively administer the program as it develops
- Support ongoing internal and external engagements in partnership with the Cause Strategy Partners team
- Verbal and written communication: a great deal of time will be invested in building meaningful relationships with a host of external stakeholders.
- Technological and design prowess: candidate must be skilled in building effective and attractive presentation decks and navigating Excel/Google Sheets, in particular.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: as an earlier-stage consulting social enterprise, the Cause Strategy Partners team shows up each day with an entrepreneurial spirit and an eagerness to build something great for our society.
- Nonprofit experience: Nonprofit governance is our passion- a familiarity with and dedication to the social good sector is vital.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record from an accredited university
- At least three years working in a position with relevant experience or the ability to make the case in your cover letter that you are nonetheless the perfect fit for this role
- A passion for community service and the importance of the nonprofit sector to society
Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter connecting the dots between your experience and this opportunity to:
Whitley Richards, Director of BoardLead
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Cause Strategy Partners, LLC
- 142 W 57th St
- New York, New York 10030
- United States
- Phone: 3012656198
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com