The ANY Partner Fellows Program at LaGuardia Community College welcomed its second cohort in September 2018. The LaGuardia Program Coordinator will participate in delivering 18 professional development workshops over the course of two years to a cohort of 50 Fellows (ambitious, first-generation college students) and their Mentor Coaches (accomplished young professionals). The Program Coordinator, with the support of the LaGuardia Program Manager and ANY national team, will implement a best-in-class curriculum, provide holistic support to Fellows and Mentor Coaches, and assist in recruiting an annual cohort of 50 Fellows and Mentor Coaches.
As Program Coordinator, you will serve as the main point of contact for the 2018 cohort of 50 Fellows and Mentor Coaches. From your office on LaGuardia’s campus, you will provide holistic support to Fellows, including counseling through personal, academic, and professional challenges, providing transfer support to a four-year school, and helping to source and secure internships; additionally, you will support Mentor Coaches through the mentoring relationship and leverage Mentor Coaches’ strengths and talents to maximize program effectiveness. The ideal candidate will thrive in entrepreneurial environments, is highly organized and able to navigate ambiguity, enjoys public speaking and event planning, and has experience providing case management or academic/career advisement to college-aged students.
- Provide holistic support to Fellows on a variety of topics, including:
- Transfer advisement, helping students prepare to transfer from community colleges to bachelor-degree granting school
- Professional development, including successfully building and maintaining professional relationships and obtaining internships
- Personal issues, including crisis prevention and intervention, confidence-building, and interpersonal coaching
- Academic advisement, such as study skills, time management, and leveraging on-campus resources
- Participate in the planning and delivery of 12 annual career development workshops, including curriculum tailoring and workshop preparation, assisting with registration and set-up, delivering content, and facilitating group discussions
- Support Fellows’ and Mentor Coaches’ program performance through data entry and analysis, including tracking program standing, attendance, and retention, and supporting relationship development
- Partner with the LaGuardia Program Manager to recruit and select new Fellows and Mentor Coaches, including creating and managing the online application system and evaluating and selecting applicants
- Execute special events, such as social events, interview days, and recruitment sessions
- Establish and cultivate relationships within LaGuardia’s community to create a positive presence on campus, increase collaboration, and promote future recruitment efforts
- Assist in the marketing the program to key constituents, ensuring the website, social media accounts and collateral materials are current and engaging
- Additional projects and duties as determined by the National Program team
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Experience teaching or training youth and adults (experience working with college-aged youth preferred; knowledge of first-generation population a plus)
- Experience providing case management to adolescents and/or academic/career/financial aid advisement to college students
- Event planning and execution experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, data-driven environment with a start-up feel
- High level of energy and commitment
- Superb public speaking and facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and mediation skills, with a high level of empathy and ability to create a culture of accountability
- Detailed-oriented and able to multi-task
- Seeks continuous improvement and feedback
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- As ANY workshops are held on Saturdays, this position will require flexibility and willingness to work nontraditional work hours. Employees earn a day off during the week to compensate for a Saturday workday.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] (subject line: Program Coordinator – Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that we will not consider your application without a cover letter. No phone calls please.